Thursday, July 28, 2005

The Truth About Hillary

The Truth About Hillary, Ed Klein's new book, is an entertaining summer read. I've read it myself, and enjoyed it - disturbing though it may be.

Of course, most conservative pundits haven't exactly embraced it - because Klein isn't one of them. They don't know if it's just a bunch of propaganda or not. And the book has gotten a lot of negative publicity; some feel it may actually help Hillary in 2008.

Accuracy in Media reports on the largely unfair reactions to the book, and NRO interviews Klein here.

Klein says he's simply a "journalist who writes about fascinating people. I spent many years writing about the Kennedys. But the Clintons have eclipsed them in national interest. Right now, Hillary is the most fascinating woman in America."

The Truth About Hillary is really just an analysis of Hillary's character, and I think it's excellent (the analysis, not her character). My verdict after reading the book? For gosh sake, don't vote for her in 2008!

But why should we trust it?
Because it is written by a journalist with impeccable credentials (Newsweek, the New York Times, Vanity Fair, Parade), who has no political agenda. My previous book, The Kennedy Curse, was also the object of disparagement and vilification — and it has since become clear that everything I wrote was true. You may not be able to judge a book by its cover, but you sure can judge a book by the author’s track record, and my record is impeccable.
Though I can't know for sure, I think Klein's portrait is accurate.

On a different topic, Michael Fumento defends Pioneer Press columnist Mark Yost's column bashing the biased media coverage of the war in Iraq. Of course Yost is right. And Fumento would actually know.

Creative Commons License