Thursday, February 03, 2005

What, is he preparing for another run?

Also, John Kerry was on "Meet the Press" the other day. Nothing seems to have changed in the last few months:

RUSSERT: Do you believe that Iraq is less a terrorist threat to the United States now than it was two years ago?
KERRY: No, it's more. And, in fact, I believe the world is less safe today than it was two and a half years ago.
[emphasis added]
---------
RUSSERT: Is the United States safer with the newly elected Iraqi government than we would have been with Saddam Hussein?
KERRY: Sure. And I'm glad Saddam Hussein is gone, and I've said that a hundred times.
[emphasis added]
---------
KERRY: I don't want abortion. Abortion should be the rarest thing in the world. I am actually personally opposed to abortion. But I don't believe that I have a right to take what is an article of faith to me and legislate it to other people. That's not how it works in America.
---------
RUSSERT: During the campaign you said that Howard Dean did not have the credibility or judgment to be president. Do you believe he has the credibility or judgment to be chairman of the Democratic National Committee?
KERRY: Sure, absolutely.

Naturally, the expectations are much, much lower.

Creative Commons License